Finding the right metal deck supplier is essential to ensuring the success of your construction or renovation project. But do you know what to look for in a metal deck supplier and distributor? In this article, we’ll discuss what metal deck is, how it’s used, and the questions you should ask prospective suppliers to select the best one.
What is metal deck?
Steel deck, also called metal deck, is a corrugated sheet metal placed as a decking material over structural supports. Metal deck is popular for commercial construction due to its high strength, light weight, low cost, and easy installation.
There are three primary types of metal deck: roof deck, form deck, and composite deck. Roof decks are used as the structural base for commercial roofs, while form and composite decks are used as a form for concrete and can be used for both floor and roof structures.
At Nettles, we stock a wide variety of metal deck profiles, including:
- Roof deck
- Form deck
- Composite deck
To learn more about the specs and attributes of each of these metal deck profiles, visit our metal deck page.
Questions to ask your metal deck supplier or distributor
To make sure you find the best metal deck supplier who can meet your quantity needs, ordering timelines, and quality standards, here are a few questions to ask:
- What metal deck profiles do you offer, and what are the key differences between them?
- What is the load-bearing capacity of your metal decks and which one is most suitable for my construction project?
- What thickness options are available, and how do they impact structural integrity?
- Do your metal decks comply with industry standards and building codes for safety?
- Do your metal decks have corrosion resistant features or any protective coatings?
- What size and finish options are available?
- How do you handle the process of ordering, delivery, and installation support for metal deck?
- What are the maintenance requirements for your metal deck, and what is its expected lifespan?
- Can you provide references or case studies where your metal deck was installed successfully?
- What is your pricing structure, and what factors may affect the overall cost of selecting you as a metal deck supplier?
- At what locations do you stock metal deck? What is the standard lead time between ordering and delivery?
- Do you offer both pickup and delivery options?
Why choose Nettles as your metal deck supplier
Nettles Construction Solutions has been a leading metal deck supplier and distributor for over 50 years. We have a dedicated metal deck sales team and warehouses in Kansas City, Houston, and Oklahoma City. Here are just a few reasons to consider Nettles as your next metal deck supplier:
1. We stock metal deck in three locations.
Our warehouse locations in Kansas City, Houston, and Oklahoma City stock roof deck, form deck, and composite deck profiles in a variety of lengths, gauges, and finishes–so we’re sure to have what you’re looking for.
2. Our services don’t end with the sale.
We do more than just stock metal deck–we also provide services like custom orders, delivery, and cut-to-length.
3. We offer delivery and pickup five days a week.
If you have an urgent metal deck need, we’ve got you covered. We offer same-day delivery, or you can pick up your metal deck material from any of our three locations Monday through Friday.
Ready to get started?
If you have questions about metal deck or are looking for a new metal deck supplier, our expert team would love to talk with you. Contact us today!